Information Collected Online and How It’s Used
- Personal Information: We only collect personal information about you on this Website that you voluntarily provide to us. This information may include, for example: name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and similar information. If you supply us with personal information online, we will use that information in order to:
- Process your request for services, products or information;
- Perform internal business processes such as data analysis, audits, and market research;
- Develop, improve or approve new products or services;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or card organization rules;
- Combat fraud; or
- Send you information about Bank of America Merchant Services and our services that we believe you may find interesting.
- Cookies, Pixels and Other Online Technology: We use a browser features known as a cookie, which assigns a unique identification to your computer. These cookies are typically stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use information collected from cookies to evaluate the effectiveness of our Website, analyze trends, and improve the Website.
For a description of “Do Not Track” information for browsers and mobile devices, and information about opt out programs that third party advertising companies participate in, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
How We Share Information Collected Online
We may share information about you with our affiliates. In addition, we may share the information we collect about you with our service providers who assist us with the Website and who are under strict confidentiality requirements. You should also be aware that we may disclose specific personal information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Website, the Website, or the general public.
If Bank of America Merchant Services was ever merged with, acquired by or acquires another business entity, some or all of the information collected about you could be shared with this entity, as well as retained by us.
Protection of Information Collected Online
Our policies limit access to information collected online to our employees, affiliates, agents and service providers who need the information to fulfill their business responsibilities. Our employees receive annual training about our privacy policies and procedures.
We use appropriate measures, including advanced technology, to protect personal information collected online from unauthorized access or disclosure. These measures may include transmission through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, encryption, physical access security, and other appropriate technologies. We review and enhance our security measures as necessary.
Privacy of Children
This Website is not directed at persons under the age of 18, and Bank of America Merchant Services does not knowingly collect or maintain information provided online by persons under the age of 18.
We may create links to third-party websites. We do not evaluate and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third-party websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each link to ensure that you are comfortable with their privacy practices.