If you are a merchant doing business in Canada and have a complaint pertaining to the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry, you may file a complaint through a variety of channels:
- our website (www.merch.bankofamerica.com)
- our toll free number 1.855.457.0423
- by mail at Bank of America Merchant Services Canada, Attn: General Manager, 181 Bay Street, Suite 3660, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2T3 using the Complaint Handling Form.
Please visit the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada’s website for more information on merchant rights under the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada.
Following receipt of your complaint we will:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five (5) business days.
- Provide our final decision in writing within ninety (90) days of receiving your complaint, along with:
- A summary of the complaint;
- The final result of the investigation;
- Explanation of the final decision; and
- Information on how to further escalate your complaint in the event of an unsatisfactory outcome.
If we cannot provide a response to you within 90 days you will be informed of the delay, reason for the delay, and the expected response time.
To assist us in reviewing your complaint please have available the following, where applicable:
- a summary of your concerns,
- details, such as the name of the person you were dealing with, the date the concern occurred, date spoken to Payment Card Network Organizations (PCNO), Bank of America Merchant Services Canada or representative,
- copies of any supporting documentation (i.e. agreements, statements, correspondence from PCNO), and
Nothing restricts you from directly filing a complaint with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) to investigate non-compliance with the Code. FCAC can be reached via:
FCAC is not a dispute-resolution agency for consumers in their individual dealings with payment card network operators or acquirers.
Please note that the information being submitted may be shared with the PCNOs, FCAC, or financial institution in order to assist us in answering your concerns.
© 2018 Banc of America Merchant Services, LLC. All rights reserved. All trademarks, service marks and trade names referenced in this material are the property of and licensed by their respective owners. Merchant Services are provided by Bank of America, N.A. and its representative Banc of America Merchant Services, LLC. Banc of America Merchant Services, LLC is not a bank, does not offer bank deposits, and its services are not guaranteed or insured by the FDIC or any other governmental agency.
Bank of America Merchant Services Canada Corp. is not an affiliate of Bank of America, N.A. under the Bank Act and is not regulated in Canada as a bank, a bank holding company or other financial institution.